The design, the manufacturing, the writing of user’s instructions, the procedures for the check and the periodical control of the Personal Protective Equipment produced by CLIMBING TECHNOLOGY, are always conform with the harmonized standards of European Community (EN standards). Specifically, the technical reference standards are the following:
EN 363 / Personal fall protection systems against falls from a height
PPE for preventing a fall from a height.
EN 354 / Lanyards and swivels.
EN 358 / Belts for work positioning and restraint and work positioning lanyards.
PPE for minimizing the consequences of a fall from a height.
EN 353-1 / Guided type fall arresters including a rigid line anchor.
EN 353-2 / Guided type fall arresters including a flexible line anchor.
EN 355 / Energy absorbers. Lanyards with energy absorbers.
EN 360 / Retractable type fall arresters.
EN 361 / Full body anti fall harnesses.
EN 362 / Connectors. Classes:
- B – Basic connectors.
- M – Multipurpose connectors.
- T – Terminal connectors.
- A – Anchorage connectors.
- Q – Quick link.
PPE for evacuation, rescue, vertical positioning.
EN 341 / Descender devices for rescue:
type 1- automatic descender device;
type 2 – manually-operated descender device. Classes:
- Descent energy W up to 7,5 × 106 J (ex. 75 kg x 100 m x 100 descents);
- Descent energy W up to 1,5 × 106 J (ex. 75 kg x 100 m x 20 descents);
- Descent energy W up to 0,5 × 106 J (ex. 75 kg x 33 m x 20 descents);
- For only one descent.
EN 1496 / Rescue lifting devices.
EN 1497 / Rescue harnesses.
EN 1498 / Rescue loops.
EN 12841 / Rope access systems.
- Safety line adjustment device.
- Working line ascender.
- Working line descender.
PPE for mountaineering
EN 12275 / Connectors for mountaineering and multi-anchor plates.
EN 12277 / Harnesses.
EN 12278 / Pulleys.
EN 12492 / Helmets for mountaineering.
EN 12492 / Mountaneering helmets.
EN 566 / Quick-draws, slings and rings.
EN 567 / Ascenders.
Other norms of reference:
EN 397 / Industrial safety helmets.
EN 1891 / Low stretch kernmantel ropes:
- Work support and back-up safety rope (superior performance);
- Work and hauling rope (inferior performance).
EN 365 / General requirements for instructions of use and marking.
EN 517 / Prefabricate accessories for roofing. Roof safety hooks.
EN 813 / Sit harnesses rescue harness.
EN 795 / Removable anchor devices for single user.
- Anchor device with the need for a structural anchor or fixing element;
- Anchor device without the need for a structural anchor or fixing element;
- Anchor device employing a flexible anchor line which deviates from the horizontal by not more than 15°;
- Anchor device employing a rigid anchor line which deviates from the horizontal by not more than 15°;
- Anchor devices for use on surfaces up to 5° from the horizontal where the performance relies solely on the mass and the friction between itself and the surface.